Purchasing a Bonita Havanese Puppy
To reserve a Bonita Havanese pup, email or text us for the quickest response. However, before we agree to a reservation we will have to speak to you first — in person. Please do not send payment without speaking to us ahead of time as it will not be honored to hold a puppy.
A 50% deposit is required to hold a puppy from a present or upcoming litter. Please see the contact for more details. You may pay by check, cash, money order, bank check, or paypal. Any additional fees (such as via paypal) are your responsibility.
- We reserve the right to only sell to homes we feel are right for our puppy and this breed.
- We may ask for references.
- Havanese are a very even-tempered breed, but in rare occasions, we may decide the puppy you picked is growing up into a different kind of pup that might not be right for your home. In that case we may request you pick another. (This has only happened a couple of time, but we believe that the right match is of the highest importance for the welfare of the dog).
By the time your Bonita Havanese puppy is ready to go home with you, it will be well socialized in our own home, interacting with adults, children, and other pets. It will be up to date on its shots and worming and examined by a vet. We’ll provide you with a record of shots, wormings, and any other care your pup received while in our care. We’ll also give you a one-year health guarantee against congenital issues that might arise, and a limited registration. Each owner also signs a Puppy Contract that spells out your responsibilities and provides our Bonita Havanese Puppy Health Guarantee.
What we request of our puppy owners:
- You will get the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 5 days of going to its new home. If a problem does arise, we must be contacted within 72 hours, and the breeder’s veterinarian must verify the problem. All test results, and records will be provided to the breeder in this instance.
- You will provide your puppy with routine preventive care such as, but not limited to: annual physicals by a licensed veterinarian, age-appropriate wormings, and vaccinations. It’s very important that vaccines and wormings are kept up to date.
- You will spay or neuter your pup at an appropriate age, to be decided by you and your veterinarian.
Bonita Havanese Puppy Contract and Health Guarantee
All items under this guarantee are factors in decision to provide a replacement puppy. We do not give refunds under any circumstances. We are not required to cover any medical expenses incurred.
A puppy showing any serious genetic or congenital defect will be replaced as follows:
- Puppy must have received all proper vaccinations and wormings in accordance with the age of the puppy. Breeder must be notified at onset of problem in writing with a report from the veterinarian. Breeders Veterinarian will interpret the report and if he concurs then a replacement puppy will be arranged. Replacement puppy will be of similar quality. Original puppy must be returned to the breeder. At discretion of the breeder, veterinarian exam may be required at buyer’s expense.
- Only genetic problems are covered, and those considered are: Liver shunt, Congenital Liver disease, Severe open fontanel or skull deformity, or heart and lung conditions.
- A puppy with a congenital defect must be returned or euthanized with the prior permission of the breeder to qualify for a replacement puppy in accordance with this agreement.
- No refund in part or full will be given.
- A returned puppy must be in good condition other than the specified problem, at the buyer’s expense. The owner will then qualify for a replacement puppy as long as all terms of this agreement are met.
- Buyer is responsible for transportation costs to and from the breeder on a replacement pup for both puppies.
- This guarantee applies to original puppy and is not transferable to a second party.
- Replacement puppy will not be from the same bloodlines or the same parents and will be of similar quality.
- There are several disorders that may be caused by factors out of our control, some of which are environmental. Some of these disorders which are not covered under this guarantee are allergies, thyroid dysfunctions, demodectic mange, sarcoptic mange, luxating patellas, giardia, coccidiosis, and other autoimmune disorders.
- Any physical problems with the puppy that are the result of injury are not covered under this guarantee.
We guarantee a healthy, companion pet ONLY! Spay or neuter is required at the appropriate age as is determined by your vet.
If a puppy needs to be shipped all costs are the responsibility of the puppy buyer.
- It is further understood and agreed, that Buyer will pay legal expenses incurred in the connection with this agreement. Also any legal issues in connection with this agreement will be settled in the State of New York.